M1 Visa

The M1 visa allows foreign citizens to live and study in the United States while attending BSSM. For more info on the international admissions process return to the International page.

M1 Required for Internationals

The M-1 visa is the only acceptable visa for study at BSSM. You may not study at BSSM with any other visa.

Not Eligible for Working in the U.S.

You are not permitted to work in the United States. That includes baby-sitting, cutting hair or any other service. You may not be paid for volunteer work.

Only Valid While Attending School

The M1 visa is only valid while you attend BSSM. If you withdraw from school or are dismissed you must leave the country within 30 days.

Passport Must Be Valid 6 Months Past School

Your passport must not expire until 6 months after school ends. If it is scheduled to expire before that, you may be denied entry into the United States.

Must Leave Within 30 Days After School

On the M-1 Visa you are required to leave the country within 30 days after school ends. Even if your visa is stamped for longer it is no longer valid 30 days after school ends.

I-20 is Vaild for One School Year

Your I-20 is only good for one school year. Every year you have to get a new I-20 form (even if you have a three-year visa).

Keep Your I-20 Form Safe

Do not lose your I-20 form. Your I-20 form is a very important document that you will have to have if you leave the country and come back in.

Leaving the Country Short Term

BSSM Admin Staff must sign your I-20 before you leave the U.S. if you plan to re-enter the country during the school year for holidays and travel. The signature is good for six months. Use the contact form to request a signature.

Contact Form

Questions About Your I-20?

If you have questions about your I-20, please use the contact form. Please do not stop BSSM Admin staff in the hallway or visit their offices for these questions.

Contact Form